Being the creative, big thinker I am, it was only logical that I come up with something extremely meticulous as my first full blown quilt project.
What could this be you ask?
Here is where this whole thing started:
So I pulled out the scraps my wife had and started sorting, pulling out any blues, blacks, and browns.
Once sorted, I realized I was probably going to need more blue, but I should be ok with everything else.
Then...I started cutting. And cutting. and cutting...seriously I cut for a solid 2 weeks. Thinking I should probably have enough cut do put this thing together I decided I should count how many "pixels" I would need of each color to complete the project. After counting, I wanted to cry. I was nowhere near enough fabric for my blues and blacks.
After a quick trip to the quilt store for a few FQs, I cut some more.
The cutting is now complete, and this is the mess the pixel project has now become:
I have set this project aside for the moment though and am throwing together a scrap quilt as a Christmas gift. Pics of that once I get a little more done.